A timeline of ordering your dream barn!
Sand Creek Post & Beam encourages you to customize your barn until it’s exactly what you envisioned. Because customization takes time, we recommend placing your order 6 months before your targeted construction start date. This allows time to create and revise your plans, and handcraft your frame and accessories. Time frames may vary depending on the complexity of your project and are for reference only.
Placing Your Barn Kit Order
- 20% deposit locks in your price and starts the process.
- Up to 1 year to take delivery and maintain current pricing.
- Once paperwork and deposit are received, a Project Manager will be assigned to you.
Custom Design Process
- Your Project Manager will contact you to review your order.
- Our design team will draw your initial set of plans for review within 2 weeks.
- During the design phase, you will have the opportunity to review the plans with your Project Manager and make revisions as needed.
- Each revision set of plans can take up to 2 weeks.
- The design process can take 2-3 weeks or several months to “finalize” plans, depending on number of changes from the customer.
Approve Final Plans
- A final construction set of drawings is completed.
- If an engineer's stamp is requested or required, the review and stamping process will typically take an additional 3 weeks.
- Full scale foundation plans and construction guide are sent.
- Your 50% progress payment is due to move your project into production.
- Your delivery date is set and expect 8-10 weeks from date of progress payment.
Manufacturing and Shipping
- Material is ordered and your kit is slotted for production.
- Framing is cut, pre-fitted & labeled. Millwork is handcrafted. Accessories & hardware are packaged and the kit is staged for delivery.
- Approximately 2 weeks prior to shipment, our Logistics Manager will contact you to arrange the delivery details.
- Final payment is due prior to shipping.
- Your dream barn or home is delivered!